Customers, members and partners of AMS-IX are subscribed to various AMS-IX mailing lists. Some of these lists are used for announcements from AMS-IX only (e.g. customer-l, partner-l, ops-announce-l), others are used to facilitate discussions between the AMS-IX Company and its customers and members (e.g. tech-l, org-l).
Messages sent to a mailing list can potentially reach a large group of people, so we request that subscribers apply common sense before posting.
As a reference, here is a list of some points to keep in mind:
• The mailing lists exist to foster open discussions between AMS-IX, members, customers and partners. Non-constructive or off-topic messages, along with other abuses, are not welcome.
• Do not send unsolicited commercial emails (UCE, a.k.a. “spam”).
• Send all of your emails in English.
• Make sure you are using the proper list. Technical discussions belong on tech-l, organisational discussions belong on org-l.
• Do not send automated messages to the lists. This includes “out-of-office” or “vacation” messages, as well as notifications from ticketing/issue-tracking systems.
• Do not send “test” messages to determine whether your email client is working.
• Avoid sending large attachments.
• Do not quote or forward messages that were sent to you by other people in private mail, unless agreed beforehand.
• Be civil. This means that the following (among others) are not allowed: foul language, name-calling, personal attacks, hate speech, threats, racist and/or sexist language.
We cannot list every “do” and “don't”, but instead we trust that you will use common sense all the time.
Violations of the rules can result in having your posting rights revoked.
If you have any questions please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org